Licensing Process

Any person, business or organization desiring to use trademarks of the University of New Hampshire (UNH) for products/merchandise must be licensed to do so or receive written approval from UNHInnovation and Athletics. UNH has arranged for licenses to be issued by the IMG College Licensing (formerly CLC) on the institution’s behalf.

CLC offers the following licenses to companies interested in producing licensed merchandise. All license applications are subject to the approval of UNHI and Athletics.

  • Standard License: A standard license is available to companies that wish to manufacture collegiate products for six or more institutions and is typically reserved for larger manufacturers with well-established production, distribution, and marketing capabilities.
  • Local License: A local license is available to smaller companies that wish to manufacture collegiate products for up to five in-state institutions and do not have plans to expand significantly beyond those local institutions.
  • Internal Campus Supplier License: An internal campus supplier license is available to companies that wish to produce merchandise for “internal consumption” by institutions in the local area.
  • NCAA/Bowl/Conference Licenses: These are special licenses that are available to companies that wish to obtain rights to use the trademarks of the NCAA, bowl games, or athletic conferences for use on licensed merchandise, either alone or in conjunction with an institution’s trademarks. Licensing rights to these properties can be more expensive to obtain, depending on the event and the extent of the rights and product categories.

Contact Information

Beth Sheckler, Ph.D.
Licensing Manager, Creative and Digital Works
(603) 862-1291


Steps to Becoming Licensed

Outside entities wishing to use UNH trademarks and logos on products/merchandise must:

  1. Review the university’s visual identity standards.
  2. Contact for more information on the process to become a licensed vendor.