The UNHInnovation Fund is a competitive funding program supporting UNH faculty and researchers who are moving UNH-owned innovations closer to licensing and/or commercialization. The fund will award successful applicants a grant of $50,000 to be expended within a year.
Interested UNH faculty must apply before 5:00 pm EST on March 3, 2023 via the UNH Internal Competition Portal InfoReady (unh.infoready4.com).
- Involve UNH-owned IP,
- Which has been disclosed to UNHInnovation,*
- With development at the pre-revenue/pre-commercialization stage
* If the innovation has not been previously disclosed to UNHInnovation, please review the innovation disclosure process webpage, complete an innovation disclosure form, and email it to email@example.com no later than February 17, 2023.
If you do not have a disclosure number for your innovation, please contact your UNHInnovation Licensing Manager: Creative and Digital Works: Katie Vogel, Kathryn.Vogel@unh.edu or Sciences and Engineering: Maithili Shroff, Maithili.Shroff@unh.edu
Specifically, the proposal must include the following information:"
Description of the team and roles, if more than one individual
Outline of the innovation
Current innovation development stage
Commercial applications of the innovation
Description of commercialization efforts to date
Project plan and anticipated outcomes
Additional materials to support innovation (e.g. publications)
Any additional activities to support application (e.g. participation in iCorps, customer discovery, etc.)
Please note: The lead PI will be required to upload a PDF of their CV or resume.
- Apply through InfoReady (unh.infoready4.com) by 5:00 pm EST on March 3, 2023.
- Submitted proposals will be sent to the respective College Dean for approval prior to being reviewed.
- All applicants will receive the results of the review by March 24th, 2023.
- All successful applicants will have the option to submit additional information in support of their application (maximum of 5 pages) by 5:00 pm EST on April 5th, 2023.
- Final presentations will take place for the Review Panel on April 13, 2023.
- Awardees will be announced by April 21, 2023. Once an award or declination decision has been made, PIs will be provided with feedback about their proposals.
About InfoReady: The portal works best using the latest supported version of Chrome, Firefox, or Safari as your browser when working from a laptop or desktop PC or Mac. Compatibility with other browsers and with tablets and other mobile devices is not guaranteed. If you encounter problems logging in directly, sign on with the UNH VPN first, then access the InfoReady portal. For questions regarding using the InfoReady internal competition portal, please contact Lynnette.Hentges@unh.edu.
The winning applicants will receive $50,000 by April 21, 2023. Awardees must meet the following deliverables:
- A brief summative report no later than 30 days after grant expiration, addressing the following topics:
- Description of goals/milestones achieved.
- Description of setbacks and resulting change of plans.
- Information on broader impacts/activities to date.
- Next steps.
Regular check-ins with UNHInnovation Fund manager
Consent to be featured in ongoing marketing efforts
Participation in post-award survey
Please join one of our info sessions or contact the UNHInnovation Fund manager, Maithili Shroff, for more information.
- Info Session 1: January 18, 2023 | 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm | Zoom | Click to join Zoom meeting
- Info Session 2: February 17, 2023 | 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm | Zoom | Click to join Zoom meeting